Director / Psychotherapist / Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
MENTAL HEALTH SOCIAL WORKER
At Nesian Point Tuesday to Friday
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker through AASW
- Accredited Mental Health Practitioner through Queensland Health
- Master of Social Work, Flinders University - Adelaide
- Bachelor of Social Work, Brigham Young University - Hawaii
Adults, Couples, Teens, Children under 12
- Mental Health Illnesses
- Suicidal ideation/ Self Harm
- Anxiety and Depression
- Trauma (abuse, neglect)
- Marriage Counselling
- Problem solving/goal setting
- Workplace stress or burnout
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Behaviour management
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- Children under Child Safety orders
- Family conflict/combined families/separation/divorce
I have worked in the field for the past 25 years and love what I do.
I use an Integrative Therapeutic approach that encompasses the client’s cultural values, personal/spiritual beliefs and characteristics. This form of therapy closely aligns with the Diverse Cultural Framework used at Nesian Point.
As an accredited Mental Health clinician, I work part-time in the Emergency Department in Mental Health providing assessments to those presenting with Mental Health issues.
As an Intermediary for the Department of Justice and Attorney General (DJAG), I work on a casual basis identifying and describing the communication needs of young people who are victims of sexual assault, and assist the process in the court room.
07 3472 5880